Friday, September 19, 2008

It's Been Helpful

Just the thought of 30 days straight of eating dinner at home has been helpful in making me plan better already. I really love Jen's list thing. What I've done is have my dinner ideas on half the paper, the other half has what veggies I have on hand, and on the other side of the paper is my shopping list. Okay, okay, so I've only done this two weeks so far, but I have to say that just writing down what I'd like to make for the week makes actually preparing the dishes that much easier.

Wednesday morning, I said to my dad (who is here visiting) & my husband, "We're going out for dinner tonight!" But, by the afternoon, I don't know what happened, I suddenly felt like making dinner at home. It's cuz of the list!

So, here is what was on our list this week:
-curry & rice (I also bought a piece of kasu black cod from Mutual Fish); not the best dinner, sadly
-Thundering Hooves sweet onion sausages, pasta with sweet peppers & sherry cream sauce (I ended up adding on a ratatouille dish on the side); YUMMY!
-lettuce wraps with ground beef (last minute fried rice was an addition); big hit!
-clam chowder; another winner!
-breakfast sandwiches (side of yogurt and peaches); "Oops, I did it again!" It was so good.

I've successfully cooked dinner 5 days in a row. The last item on my list was chicken legs. Not sure what to do with them. I have 3 legs in my fridge just staring at me everytime I open the fridge. I might call it quits tomorrow and have the whole gang head to Fuji Sushi.

2 comments:

jen said...

i'm sad the curry dish wasn't all that. i want some good curry. i'm compromising with some beef/mushroom lo mein tomorrow night and a little dahl tonight. let me know if you've got a good curry dish!

Janet said...

Hey Anny - I love the blog. I also love the list idea... I need to adopt something like that in my house. I can't wait to hear about more meals. Janet