Sunday, September 21, 2008

Marsala Wine Braised Chicken Legs with Shitake Mushrooms

I figured out what to do with those darn chicken legs!

*may use chicken thighs as well/instead
**if using dried mushrooms, reconsistute them in hot water first

Sear chicken, on all sides, in a hot saute pan with oil.
Deglaze pan with 1/2 cup marsala wine & allow to reduce slightly.
Add the mushrooms with the soaking liquid.
Bring to a boil.
Transfer to an oven proof dish, cover with foil, and cook in 375 degree F oven for 30 minutes.
*hang on to the saute pan.
Pour the liquid back into the saute pan and reduce by half.
Whisk in a teaspoon of butter into the reduction, and pour the sauce back over the chicken and mushrooms.

1 comment:

Joey Veltkamp said...

WOW! I can't believe that you are committed to cooking at home for 30 days. THAT'S AWESOME!

When complaining about a general lack of money the other day, I realized that I eat EVERY MEAL out. I never cook a meal at home -- ever. Or at least in 5 months. So I cooked dinner at home and am making every effort to continue that. It's just soo hard. ;)