Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Hunts - Day 17

Stuffed Squash
A friend made us something similar to this a few years ago, and I never go the actual recipe, so I just improvised. I'm thinking that it can be done in other, similar ways, and with different winter squashes.

I picked delicata squash. First, I cut the squash in half, lengthwise. Then, I dug out the seeds, and set them in a baking dish, skin-side down. Ooh, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Season the squash with salt & pepper.

The stuffing - I tossed all the following items in a bowl with salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil:
-raisin bread, cut into 1/4" chunks
-onions, carrots, celery (mirepoix), cut into 1/4" dice
-one Thundering Hooves sweet Italian sausage, partially cooked, and diced 1/4"
-one apple, peeled, diced 1/4"

Put the stuffing into the squash, cover with foil, and roast in the oven for about 45 minutes, or until squash is tender.

1 comment:

jen said...

wonderful! everyone over here loved it. thanks so much.