Friday, October 24, 2008

The Hunts - Day 18

Sausage Pasta
I had some sausage leftover from last night. It comes in a pack of 4, so I just cooked them all off.

Cook the pasta of your choice, as per instructions on the box. Cut the sausage in half, lengthwise, and then slice into pieces. While the pasta is cooking, saute your vegetables:
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small fennel bulb, sliced thinly
1 small sweet pepper, sliced thinly
*I sauteed these in oil on medium high heat, deglazed with white wine, and then added one bunch of kale (cleaned & cut). Once the kale is fully wilted, I added sauteed mushrooms (left from my French dip sandwiches) & the sausage.

When the pasta is cooked, toss it together with the vegetables/sausages, add chopped parsley, and adjust seasoning as needed.

No comments: