Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Hunts - Day 2

Leftovers! Yup, we ate the last of the 2 large slices of Hot Mamas pizza that we ordered on Sunday night, pre-challenge. Then, I took some of the leftover QFC roasted chicken, also bought on Sunday, and made "burritos" or "wraps" - whatever you want to call them. Not quit a burrito cuz there was nothing Mexican about it, unless you count the Kraft "Mexican" cheese mix, so maybe it's called a wrap? There was also a bit of the butternut squash soup leftover from last night that David and Vincent shared. Vincent also ate some more lentils.

All-in-all, dinner went well. Everything was eaten, save a few scraps and such on Vincent's tray.

For the wraps, I warmed 3 whole wheat flour tortillas, just to soften them. Then, I spread about a tablespoon of hummus on the tortillas, topped with some shredded chicken, cheese, and brown rice, and rolled them all up. I popped them in the oven to warm for about 10 minutes or so. I was pleasantly surprised with how these turned out!

Part of my reason for this challenge is to see how this will impact our finances. Yes, we had ordered out a few nights ago. But, the fact that we didn't let that food go to waste is huge! I still feel pretty good about how things are going...I know, it's only Day 2.

No comments: