Friday, October 10, 2008

The Hunts - Day 5

Vegetarian tonight. I suppose last night was, too. Tomato soup, steamed broccoli, roasted sweet potatoes, lentils, and leftover half an Essential Bakery grilled cheese sandwich from lunch. Oh, and a tiny bit of soup from lunch for Vincent.

The lentils were from what I made for Vincent on Monday night. I added a 1/4 cup to the soup leftover from lunch for him. David also had about a 1/2 cup of lentils with his dinner. For David's, I tossed with a little extra virgin olive oil, sherry vinegar, salt and pepper.

Roasted sweet potatoes - first, I have to thank my friend, Lucy, for this. I would not have thought to make sweet potatoes like this if she hadn't made them for us last Thanksgiving. Both my guys love them this way. We ate the whole pan full!

sweet potatoes (as many as you desire), peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
garlic, chopped
rosemary sprigs
olive oil
salt & pepper

Toss all the ingredients together, and lay them in a baking dish. Cook covered in a 425 degree F oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until tender. Uncover and continue to cook for another 10 minutes to get some color and crispiness around the edges.

No comments: