Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Hunts - Day 20 - TEN MORE DAYS TO GO!!!!

LEFTOVERS!

And, I want to put in a plug for the Northwest Tofu Inc., at 1913 Jackson Street, between 23rd Ave and Rainier Ave. I've been told by many of my Chinese friends that this is the place to go for Taiwanese-style breakfast goodies, but I have just now made it there to see for myself. OMG! It's awesome. The only time I get this kind of stuff is when I go back to L.A. to visit my family. Now, I can get it all the time! The bonus is that their sesame pancake with Chinese doughnut is better than at the usual place near my parents. We got there around 9:30 A.M., ordered too much food, got very full, skipped lunch, and had the leftovers (theme for today) as a snack in the afternoon.

Some of this may sound odd to people who have not had this kind of stuff for breakfast, but here's what we ordered:
-sesame pancake with Chinese doughnut
-an extra order of Chinese doughnut (though we didn't really need it)
-egg wrapped in scallion pancake
-pan fried pork bun
-sweet sticky rice roll (which is actually not sweet)
-sweet soy milk

We didn't order any tofu, but two other tables did, which must mean it's good; there were only 3 other tables during the time we were in there, and one hadn't gotten their food yet by the time we left, so they may have ordered tofu, too.

1 comment:

jen said...

ok, i drive past this place all the time and have wondered. now i know. we'd be up for a trip anytime.